Akari Software is a highly successful company who provide a suite of software solutions to help Higher Education Institutions transform their approach to Curriculum Design and Management.
We are seeking a Customer support engineer to provide excellent client support while simultaneously improving the overall customer service process. The role is to technically understand Akari’s entire product and service offering so they can address and resolve support requests.
The right candidate will be a technically skilled problem solver with a desire to establish the root cause of problems and offer solutions. The role will require regular engagement with other support engineers and colleagues in both Development, Professional Services Implementation and Product Teams.
- To Provide Technical Customer Service
- The support engineer will serve the Akari Client base by troubleshooting technical problems recorded by the Atlassian JIRA Service Management Desk.
- Lead Issue Tracking
- The support engineer will track issues and incoming requests across different clients and report on same.
- Oversee Customer Service Improvements
- The support engineer will be tasked with following up on customer service interactions to measure customer satisfaction.
- Product Improvements
- The support engineers will assist with product improvement by working closely with the product team by identifying patterns and contributing to product and system improvements.
- Support Documentation
- The support engineer will create and maintain service related technical documentation in support of problem resolution.
Required Experience & Education
- Degree in a relevant Computer Science / Software Engineering discipline and or Business Information Systems
- A demonstrable and proven ability for software issue resolution using modern technologies, tools and frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised with good attention to detail, and able to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to establish good rapport with a global Client Base in the Higher Education Sector
- Ability to explain technical terms from Development team to Client
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines in order to meet Service Level Agreements
Mandatory Technical Expertise
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Oracle,)
- Remote server administration including SSH, FTP, RDP, VPN
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Familiarity with CFML (Cold fusion mark-up language), VueJS
- An understanding of Agile development principles and practices
- Familiarity with the AWS platform
- Knowledge of Atlassian products such as Jira Service Management and Confluence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent subject to completion of a successful probationary period.