Akari Software is a highly successful company who provide a suite of software solutions to help Higher Education Institutions transform their approach to Curriculum Design and Management.
Our people are passionate about their work and their customers. The team is largely based in Cork, Ireland with remote employees in multiple geographic locations.
The Professional Service Practice Manager will lead the team to facilitate the achievement of business objectives and will have commercial and financial responsibility to ensure the achievement of the team’s goals, as well as ensure the optimisation of our resources to ensue successful delivery of services to our customers and to continuously improve our ways of working (methodologies, tooling, documentation) and develop new service offerings.
This role has additional responsibility for all customers based in Ireland to ensure customer success, by performing active relationship management, performance review of our support and delivery services and to motivate and engage our customers to purchase new services or software solutions/modules.
This role additionally requires strong project management skills and expertise and software implementation experience as the role will also be a customer-facing delivery role, providing services to support the successful delivery of our customer projects to time, scope, quality and budget.
Akari supports and encourages a positive work-life balance for all employees and for that reason we work a 9 Day Fortnight, with teams having every second Friday as a personal day where possible.
- Leadership people management skills
- Day to day management skills
- Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Software Implementation skills
- General organisation skills
- Customer focused
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Professional Services management or leadership experience
- Project Management skills and experience with proven ability to work on large and complex projects
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for problem identification and resolution.
- Customer focus & ability to engage in a consultative and collaborative manner with customers.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in or with the Higher Education sector
- Role may be based in the UK or Ireland
- Negotiable – Market related salary DOE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent subject to completion of a successful probationary period.