Akari Software (https://akarisoftware.com) is a leading curriculum management solution
provider operating in many markets worldwide. A Higher Education software company, it specialises in the development of software to support the Design and Mapping processes required by universities to manage their curricula.
Akari Software is now seeking to recruit a software test engineer to join our QA team. Candidates should have at least two years-experience, be organised, have good attention to detail, and be able to work both independently and within a team.
They should have good technical problem solving and communication skills and have an interest in higher education and the core concepts around curriculum although not essential.
- Author test cases to target new or existing feature development
- Execute test cases to validate the software under test
- Provide subject matter expertise in Software Testing & QA
- Design and develop different tools and automation scripts to improve automation support for testing activities
- Follow and suggest improvement in the current process to gain efficiency
- Coordinate with production support (diagnosis / issues fixing)
- Advise on new technologies and testing methodologies
- Document solutions and processes as part of execution
Required Experience & Education
- Qualification in software engineering or a related discipline
- A demonstrable passion for testing/QA
- Previous experience testing Web Browser based applications for high volume, high availability web sites is preferred but not required
- Software Testing Certification (ISTQB Foundation Level or equivalent) is preferred but not required
Mandatory Technical Expertise
- Experience with QA tools
- Write and execute SQL statements
- Knowledge of software testing methods and techniques
- Full software development life cycle understanding including design, development, test, build, documentation, packaging and support/maintenance.
- A deep understanding of Agile development principles and practices.
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Database knowledge/skills – RDBMS preferred
- Experience in the development and execution of test strategies, test plans, test cases, test reports and traceability matrices
- Professional QA qualification or certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, good attention to detail, and able to work both independently and within a Team
- Role may be based in the UK or Ireland
- Negotiable – Market related salary DOE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent subject to completion of a successful probationary period.